simpleCE (simple Content Editing) is a simple content management system with frontend editing mode based on PHP & MySQL. That means you can edit your content, files and images directly in the view where you would see your website as a normal user. So there is no complex backend, complicated settings or other obstacles. The system was designed in such a way that you don't have to get used to a complex template or theme system, because there is none. Templates can be designed individually using custom PHP includes.
Thus simpleCE is particularly suitable for small to medium websites very suitablebut also for special cases that are not yet directly covered by any existing CMS in this form. These include e.g. Facebook apps or fan pageswhich can be managed with simpleCE just as well as websites with many different content elements (which, for example, would be difficult to integrate into other systems).
The actual system provides an ID based elements system: so in all your PHP files you can have simple and easily editable Text, image and file elements embedding. The editing interface and lightbox functions are managed and integrated independently by the system.
To integrate simpleCE into web pages no extensive expertise required, only a few basics in the area of HTML and PHP (these are, if not available, also taught by the enclosed documentation and video tutorial). Thanks to the included video tutorial, simpleCE can be integrated into a website in 5 - 10 minutes.
simpleCE is available in English and GermanThis applies not only to the system itself, but also to the documentation.
- easy installation and integration
- Editing the content in the frontend
- Drag & drop function for moving content
- modern and easy to use interface
- WYSIWYG editor for easy text editing
- Image and file upload
- simple user and rights management
- Simple image manipulation using integrated functions
- automatic lightbox integration
- no complex template system
- Cache system for faster delivery of the website
- Branding in administration mode can be customized
- fully customizable administration area / backend
- Updates installable with one "click
- At least PHP version 5.4
- Image manipulation library like GD2 or Imagick
- A MySQL 5 (or greater) Database is required
- PHP cURL (only for the auto update function needed)
- PHP ZZIPlib (only for the auto update and backup function needed)
- Apache 2 with mod_rewrite